FEEL THE GREEN
Youth exchange 03/09/2023 – 10/09/2023 in Sada (Galicia), Spain
EKO is happy to announce that one more amazing youth exchange has been successfully completed. The project “Feel the Green” united 20 young participants from Portugal, Greece, Spain, and Romania. It was organized by the Spanish organization Xeración and took place in Sada (Galicia), Spain from 03 to 10 of September 2023.
Aims & Objectives of the project
The project aimed to approach the topic of sustainability, and the environment in a unique way using the principles of experiential learning and individual and group creation of participatory performances.
More specifically the objectives were:
– To have the opportunity to live the total process of creating an environmental activity for the community, participating in the process of self-reflection, and sharing meaningful and informative experiences.
– To gain a better understanding of active citizenship, address prejudices and break down stereotypes.
– To acquire skills and knowledge on how to promote and facilitate principles of environmental sustainability of the inhabitants in local communities.
– To get familiar with creation as a methodology, developing listening skills and intercultural teamwork.
– To connect a diverse group of youth with a variety of cultural backgrounds, local people, and a new environment, strengthening solidarity and empathy in the process.
– Group leaders, acquire new skills in terms of project management, leadership and communication skills, conflict management, and attitude of teamwork
– Learning to learn: being able to reflect on the learning process itself.
Workshops & Activities of the project
Through this project, participants had the opportunity to get better in some key competencies such as multilingual competence, personal, social, and learning to learn competence. During the week, they worked with a non-formal methodology, with dynamics, had creative workshops, presentations, and brainstorming with the others. During 6 intense days, they worked together to organize activities among themselves and with the local community. There were 4 groups and countries and every country had one day to share their experiences – this means preparing at least 3 x 1,5 h workshops with their team. The focus topic was the environment, connecting to nature, and sharing the experiences promoting youth European mobility programs. In summary, all team members developed different skills and competencies while acquiring new knowledge. They were able to develop skills such as a sense of initiative, creativity, teamwork, the ability to energize, practice languages, reflection, and critical thinking… and definitely lots of certain skills.
An amazing opportunity and a great experience for EKO’s team
Chelsia, Ioannis, Maria, Kleovoulos, and Koralia were the members of this amazing Greek team whom we really wanna thank for all their contribution and collaboration throughout the project!
As EKO, we are very grateful for that amazing opportunity given to the Greek team and we thank our partner Fran Sequeiro from Xeración and the other members of the hosting organization for all their hard work and for creating such an impactful project!
Thank you – Ευχαριστούμε – Gracias