PROJECT SUMMARY: The first months of the pandemic revealed that young people are more resilient to the disease than older people. However, the
common belief that Covid-19 mainly affected adults and the elderly is incorrect. Are they, however, more resilient to its social and economic consequences?
Youth unemployment increased from 16 percent to 26 percent during the financial crisis. While youth unemployment in Spain and Greece remained high, the rate only returned to 2008 levels in 2018. Although these figures could only be the tip of the iceberg,
Eurofound’s Covid-19 survey found that youth were only relatively more affected than the rest of the population in terms of labor-market participation during the early stages of the crisis.
PLACE AND DATE: 13-21 September 2022 (7 days)
TRAVEL DATES: 12/09 (arrival) / 22/09 (departure)
PARTICIPANTS: 30 (6 from each organization)
** The project covers 100% of accommodation, meals, transportation and travel tickets (based on Erasmus+ Distance Calculator: maximum 275 EUROS for a round trip).
!! PARTICIPATION FEE: 50 EURO !!
COUNTRIES: Cyprus, Greece, Poland, Romania, Spain, Lithuania.
LANGUAGE: The working language will be English
(1) assess labor market changes during and after the pandemic;
(2) develop youth soft skills and improve competencies that are likely to be in high demand in the post-coronavirus world;
(3) increase youth employment opportunities in participating countries;
(4) improve youth understanding of entrepreneurship and the key skills needed, and
(5) boost the capacity of those who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic in order to help them to better adapt to change and encourage self-employment.