Erasmus + KA210 - “EPUG - Environmental Protection Unites Generations”
1st February 2022 – 1st August 2023
EPUG (Environmental protection unites generations) is an Erasmus + KA210–ADU – Small-scale partnerships in the adult education project whose objective is to develop the competencies and exchange experiences of the foundation’s and partner organisation’s educational staff in the field of educating the public about sustainable development and ecology.
Since 2019, the Polish Foundation “Leave the Home” has been operating a Senior’s Club in the city of Gorlice, in southern Poland. As part of the Club’s activities, the foundation offers seniors classes in various social, cultural and sports fields, e.g. dance, psychology, communication workshops, trips to interesting places and many others. However, when working with seniors in the Club it has been noticed low ecological awareness of the elderly, their disregard for the rules of garbage segregation due to lack of knowledge and unwillingness even to make a modest effort in this field, their disregard for the issue of water saving or air pollution. Nowadays, challenges linked to climate change, new energies, etc. have shown that Environmental protection needs the action of all generations.
The project specific goals are:
- Increase of knowledge and skills of 6 people from the foundation’s education staff in the field of ecological education, including methods and tools used during the teaching on ecological issues during 18 months of project implementation;
- Increase of knowledge and skills of 4 people from the EKO partner’s education staff in the field of education of seniors, including methods and tools used during the education of the elderly during 18 months of project implementation;
- Develop a strategy and working methodology for foundation’s staff in the area of ecologically based sectoral skills, begin work on an ecological curriculum and teaching strategy that better meets society’s needs for environmental sustainability;
- Exchange of experience between partner organisations in the field of education of various social groups classified as adults: seniors, people with disabilities, young people aged 18-30, comparison of educational methods used in education of various target groups.
- Poland: Foundation for the Support of Disabled “Leave the Home”
- Greece: ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SOCIAL ECONOMY GROUP
- 80 hours of workshops/training courses and activities for educational staff and seniors participating in the mobility.
- Increasing the level of knowledge and skills of 10 people from the educational staff of the partners in the field of methods and tools used in environmental education and methods and tools used in the education of seniors during 18 months of project implementation, through participation in training and workshops carried out within the mobilities.