Erasmus+ KA205 "#GREENFLUENCERS: Youth Workers for a Greener Future"
#Greenfluencers is an Erasmus+ KA205 – Strategic Partnerships for Youth project that focuses on the exchange of good practices in youth work for enhancing environmental awareness and promoting sustainable habits and responsible consumption.
The great environmental and sustainability issues the planet is facing have been on the current political agenda of governments, organizations and entities for years. In addition, the current pandemic of COVID-19 has given the population a much greater awareness of the relation between the quality of our environment and our health, proving that the way we live, consume and produce is a determining factor for the climate and can have a very negative impact on our health.
#Greenfluencers project is closely linked to these problems and in tune with the Action Program on the Environment of the European Union, which has the objective of building a future where we live in a society where nothing is thrown away, natural resources are managed sustainably, the health of citizens is protected against environmental degradation and biodiversity is protected, valued and restored.
The objectives of the project are the following:
- To share good practices in the field of environmental awareness among organisations that work directly with youth
- To work jointly in environmental campaigns, in which youngsters will end up becoming multipliers with the scope of turning them into active citizens with a critical spirit
- To analyse social entrepreneurship cases based on sustainability and responsible consumption, in order to discover new possibilities for unemployed youngsters that find themselves in a crucial moment to define their professional future
- To involve the youngsters in the dissemination of good practices through digital media
- To disseminate the “Zero Waste” philosophy and the circular economy concept
- To find joint solutions to environmental challenges at a local and European level
- To explore the latest virtual tools in terms of environmental dissemination
- To foster a sustainable and healthy lifestyle amongst youngsters
- To contribute to making environmental policies a priority in the local, regional and European political agenda
During the project, youth workers from Portugal, Italy, Greece, Slovenia and Spain will participate in a series of trainings, through which they will get equipped with the necessary tools and knowledge to make their daily work with youngsters more respectful toward the environment and more effective in promoting sustainability among their youth target-groups. The trainings will take place in the participating countries and cover the following aspects:
C1-Portugal: Social eco-entrepreneurship
C2-Italy: Social and solidarity-based economy
C3-Greece: Circular economy and green growth
C4-Spain: Zero Waste activism
Before and after each training, local work meetings (A1-A8) will be implemented with the participation of local youngsters, who will discover the above topics through an experiential and a stimulating way, and realize their potential as agents of positive change.
Through these activities, the involved youth workers and local youngsters will become an international group of #Greenfluencers, i.e critical and active citizens in the field of environmental awareness, and competent multipliers of an eco-responsible mentality & lifestyle, via their daily work with youth or interaction with their peers.
Impact and Results
The project #Greenfluencers aims to achieve durable, visible and useful results for the involved youth workers and youngsters, as well as for the partner organisations themselves. Specifically it aims:
- To create a shared pool of good practices in the field of environmental awareness among civil society organisations, youth workers and work groups with influencing potential, made of local youngsters
- To transform each group of youngsters into multipliers of good practices through digital media converting them in active citizens with a critic spirit;
- To disseminate movements of responsible consumption, social entrepreneurship, sustainability, circular economy and Zero Waste among the young people of each participating country and to reach more people through digital media;
- To promote alternative ways of consumption and give incentives to the young generation for adopting them on a daily basis;
- To create a social impact and to foster, via the work groups, sustainable local initiatives;
- To lay the foundations and to establish ties among the groups of youngsters for the creation of future projects about sustainability.
Finally, #Greenfluencers project will serve as a platform, where the involved organizations will exchange, learn and share good practices in the field of environmental awareness, with the aspiration to have a transformative effect on the way they work and pursue their mission. Specifically, it is expected that the involved organizations will implement all discovered practices during the project, integrate an environmental awareness philosophy into their core principles, and ultimately become a source of inspiration that will contribute to raising awareness, to fostering consumption alternatives and healthy lifestyles, and to disseminating the “Zero Waste” philosophy and the circular economy concept on a long-term basis.